Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionOther - Television · 1 month ago

Does it matter, if I'm not from a fandom but have O.C.s from a particular cartoon?

For me, I'm not even apart of any fandom in existence. I'm possibly the one person who buys merch from a popular cartoon or similar and not get totally engrossed in it nor say "I belong in that (insert name) fandom". I have called myself a fandom name before in elementary school, but I never thought I would actually be in one considering the amount of strange activity that goes on in fandoms. There is drama and everything else. Even being on the outskirts proposes a risk on the person because they see the vile things people do. The only fandom I ever recall was the one I was growing up watching in my childhood. I watched plenty of television shows, but one of them, actually a franchise was my main one because I owned almost ALL the toys and products from them, plus I said I was apart of it by calling myself the name they go by, if someone is apart of the fandom, but I pushed it away and stopped calling myself that. I felt awkward and strange, not wanting to truly be apart of it. And I watched almost all the edits from the fandom when people made them on YouTube (oldest platform to have published edits (MUSIC VIDEOS or PMVs / AMVs)). Plus, I was there since one of the generations and continued watching further into the newer generations and played games on their website.

Last but not least, I made myself O.C.s thanks to my friend (she showed me how on their website).

I still have my own original characters and still draw them here and there. Does that mean I'm in it or not?

The only fandom I ever recall and considered myself in it was the one I was growing up watching in my childhood.* Correction statement.

I have other cartoons I watch, but I don't buy their merch and basically watch their videos, only.

Stuff I used to do when I was in a "fandom"

-Watched all their episodes

-Bought their merch./products/toys

-Drew fanart

-Wrote fanfiction

-Made myself O.Cs

-Bought clothing from them

-Cosplayed as one or more of the characters

-Did karaoke to their songs + sang

-Called myself the female version of the fandom's name for people who considered themselves in it (most important one)

-Made friends within the group who also watched the same one AND was actually in the fandom (associated)

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.