Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

They said impacted ear wax will completely fall out of the ears after two weeks of olive oil in ear canal?

I've been doing it for four, it never worked. Nothing fell out on my pillow at night. 

When I stopped the olive oil treatment 2 days ago, I started getting headaches again. 

They were wrong.        Whoever they are.

When you see a doctor for this problem, the doctor uses a high pressure (moderately high pressure) stream of hot water. You can do the same by standing in the shower with your head tilted to get the water directly in your ear. You may need to do this two or three days in a row to get it out.

• Cathy

A doctor should deal with it. I guess the olive oil was supposed to loosen it but it hasn't worked.

It may need syringing, to force it out.

if you can hear ok then it probably dissolved into the oil.