Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Was he just trying to see if I was interested? What do you think his intention was?

(for context): this guy broke my heart a while back...he apologised. one time i saw him out and while we briefly said hi, when i went back to my friends i turned back and saw he looked really sad...so a few days later i reached out to see if he wanted to meet up once more to make sure we were on good terms. he wouldnt do it, said he already messed up and he'd just make it worse. so i healed by myself.

then recently, 6 months later, he texts me out of nowhere, after not talking for so long, syaing he thinks it's a good idea to meet so he can apologise properly.

i think he is a generally genuine person... however am confused. im not going to meet with him because i think it will just drag out my hurt when i dont need that, especially considering im over him.

im just wondering why he'd do it now? it seems a little sus... is it an ego thing do you think?

• Foofa

If there's any history of substance abuse it could be that he's doing the kind of 12 Step program that requires him to make amends to the people he's hurt. I've gotten more than a few calls like this from people in recovery.