What does this dream mean?

Recently I’ve been dreaming a lot about my deceased step dad however the most recent dream I had feels more important for some reason. In this dream my step dad had both legs (years before he passed, his diabetes got bad and he had his leg cut off at the knee) and he was walking away from me quickly. I kept calling out to him and trying to catch up with him but no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t reach him. He ignored me the entire time and the only reaction he gave me to acknowledge my presence was a simple glance in my direction before he turned away and continued walking away. It felt so real and when I woke up I felt his presence very strongly. Does this mean anything or am I just overreacting?

I’m pretty sure his spirit was in your head, saying his last goodbye

You are not overreacting about this dream of love unreturned.  You may have felt this way toward him while he was alive.  (Or was he kind and protective and someone you got close to?) Some people just put up a barrier so as not to be hurt again, as he was suffering from her physical ailments.  He might have wanted to live the rest of his Life alone and in his own kind of peace.  You have to release him, and let him go, from your mind.  Be kind in thought but allow him to move on.  Perhaps there is someone in your own Life right now who could replace him, and also don't forget you have a lot to give to others too!    

Most often it is an illustration of your frustration that you never gained the attention you sought from him when he was alive.  That isn't to suggest that he ignored you, but that you didn't get as much attention/validation from him as you desired.  Or possibly your frustration of not being able to gain his validation for your life today, without him in your life.  I hope this helps.

Was it the left or right leg?????

Maybe your actions does align with his or he doesn’t approve of your choice of lifestyle