Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Are poor kids just as talented and just as bright as white kids?

Some poor kids are white kids. That is how Biden was caught in a racist commentary. I was a poor white kid.

• Sally

They are born just as talented and bright, but they are not given the same education and opportunities to succeed.

Why assume that a white kid can't be poor?

Yes, poor kids can be as bright as rich kids. What they lack is the educational support that rich families can provide and the 'leg-up' that a well connected family & friends can provide. That makes it harder for poor kids to achieve their potential, whatever their skin colour.

I was a poor white kid. Now I am not. It was a struggle. I only had to fight poverty and social bias. I have no idea what it might have been like if I'd had to fight racial bias at the same time.

Condoleeza was a full time union student at 14.  That's pretty bright

I like questions like this because lies and taking things out of context are the best Trump fans got.  Meanwhile, they are silent about Trump's bigotry and racism, while some actually praise him for it.

• Whites in red states are poor too.

If Trump had said that, it would be on every Biden campaign ad as well as trumpeted by almost every media outlet.