Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Men, what do you think of prenuptial agreement?

It's usually a worthless piece of paper. I know a few men who had theirs thrown out during the divorce. They have told me the only sure way to keep your money is by remaining single. Every woman becomes a gold digger when she stands to gain millions during a divorce.

pre nutting agreement

• A bad idea... the only kind of marriage that makes any kind of sense for a straight man is marrying another straight man 

• Zirp

If one partner is significantly richer than the other, it makes sense. It prevents people from marrying and then divorcing you just to "get half" - or at least that's the idea

I think it's excellent, it protects men from crazy manipulative women and from the "anti-men" system.

@Nineteenthly- Of course you think it's weird, it's meant for the protection and benefit of men. Crazy gold-digging feminist like you want men to be systemically disenfranchise.

Why address this only to men?  I think prenups are a weird idea based on the assumption that you may not be 100% committed to your spouse, and if you're not you shouldn't be marrying them.

• Bill

Useless. Courts can ignore them at will making them about as effective and useful as hush agreements. If someone doesn't consent to the marriage license and its terms they should not get married.