Leroy asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Has anyone bred pit bulls with street dogs? To toughen the street dog stock?

Update:

Many places like India, latin america and Africa have large stray/street dog population. Even so called developed places like Taiwan have them. The dogs are pretty weak breeds tho. If bred with pitties they would be much tougher.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Oh that's what we need... stronger, nastier stray dogs.

• 1 month ago

There are no street dogs where I live.  & I would not ever own a pit, much less breed it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, in the history of the World no one has ever done this.

• 1 month ago

why would anyone be that stupid?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jojo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why would anyone want to toughen up street dogs??????

Such a stupid question.

• 1 month ago

In "developed" countries we do not have "street dogs"  they are picked up by Animal Control or turned in by citizens - who catch them.  Dogs packs are dangerous to people (can spread rabies or other diseases) and feral dogs in cites are hit by vehicles or they often starve to death.  That is animal cruelty on a large scale.  There would be ZERO reason to cross -in pit bulls to make the resulting dogs even more dangerous.

• 1 month ago

I'd lay odds that this has probably already happened in countries where there are still Pits roaming around loose.    Feral dog packs can be dangerous without a Pit Bull being involved.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

so what we have savage stray dogs

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What is a "street dog"????  Pit Bull is a breed.  No idea what a "street dog" is.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.