Is there enough technology today to invent a virus?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I have a virology degree. Yes is absolutely possible. But it would not really be worth it as billions of years of evolution have done a better job. What would be more worth while is modifying an existing viral genome. Even this is staggeringly Hard to predict the effect of. In terms of creating a weapon, it’s easier to harvest an existing deadly virus and just use that. 

I don’t know if this is the answer you were after but I hope it helps. 

Source(s): Virology degree
  • 4 weeks ago

They mastered that and moved onto bigger things that they have since also mastered. For starters look into directed energy weapons(DEW''s), stratospheric aerosol injections (SAI's) and weaponizing the weather/owning the weather, it's all on the governments websites.

• 1 month ago

oh, hell yes   

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes. the technology to splice portions of existing viruses together to create a super-lethal super virus has existed for quite a number of years now. but fortunately only a handful of researchers at the moment have access to the technology or the understanding of how to use it. unfortunately that limitation is quickly vanishing as the technology becomes more available and the internet makes that knowledge more accessible. the same medical technology which allows researchers to treat and cure genetic diseases will soon make it possible for evil forces to wipe out entire populations using only the most minimum of resources. we need to fear and prevent the not to distant day when insane terrorists will get their hands on a biological weapon of mass destruction and release it on the world.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

"Yes," says every computer programmer since computers started booting from a disk.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

oh, hell yes. what do you think they do at the Wuhan Virology Lab?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There certainly is the ability to modify an existing virus. I don't think one can be created and there is really no need to based on my first point.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.