Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

I’m 17 and have symptoms of endometriosis ?

Hi, I was looking to get answers for this from a medical professional by any chance? If not that’s completely cool too. But um I’ve had painful and heavy periods since I was 11. But ever since my freshman year of high school I’ve had horrible cramps daily so I went to a gynecologist and got ultrasounds done, I got put onto birth control. I’m going to be a senior in high school. The cramps are getting bad again to where I cannot get up out of bed and it’s painful to move, and the cramping makes me so lightheaded  and I’m having trouble sleeping at night due to the pain. I’m pretty regular in my periods but a lot of times I can also go 3 months without a period but still get painful cramps every single day.  I don’t like going to the doctor because 1. I don’t want to have pain meds for the rest of my life 2. I don’t want to complain too much 3. I don’t think anything will change. 

I’ve been reading trying to find out what I could have. There are other symptoms I have and I think that endometriosis is possible. Here are my symptoms. I don’t know what else it could be.

• dysmenorrhea 

• constant cramps every single day Very severe 

• long, heavy, irregular periods 

• sleep problems 

I want someone to put my mind at ease since I don’t know when I’ll be able to see a doc. Is this an easy thing to diagnose? I don’t want any hateful or judgmental comments. 

That guy obviously has no idea what he’s talking about. This definitely sounds like endometriosis, and you need to get it checked out ASAP.