Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Did plan b work ?

i took a plan b on the 29th of july about 3-4 days after unprotected sex. my period was suppose to come on 3rd of this month, ive had absolutely no bleeding, no spotting, not even the slightest bit of blood whatsoever. 

was the plan b ineffective ? 

Update:

it was about 4 days after, i believe the brand was encontra one step

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There are 3 possible reasons why your period is late. Take your pick:

(a) Plan B is to be taken within 72 hours (3 days) of having unprotected sex. If you didn't take until 4 days after you had sex, you waited too long.

(b) Plan B helps to prevent pregnancy by delaying the onset of ovulation. If you were already ovulating when you took it, Plan B won't do you a bit of good. It can't delay what is already taking place.

(c) Plan B can mess up your menstrual cycle. You might not have a period that month, and you might not have one the following month. That might be why your period is late.

If you had bothered to read the instructions and warnings that came with Plan B before you took it, you would already know all this.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you would of had too have taken it before 72 hours were up and you took it 96 hours later and i say no

• :)
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Plan B is a huge dose of hormones. It’s going to do weird stuff to your period. It worked. Plan B doesn’t just not work, unless you threw it up shortly after swallowing it or something. You have 72 hours technically to take it, but some brands allow 4 days. So you’re boarderline, but should be fine.

What do you mean 3/4 days? Was it 3... or 4?

• J
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Plan B can mess with your cycle. It’s basically a massive dose of hormones and it can throw your system out of whack. It’s most effective when taken immediately after unprotected sex, but can work up to 4 days after. The longer you wait to take it, the less effective it becomes. If you don’t get your period, take a pregnancy test. But it may be too soon to test. Please find a reliable method of birth control for the future. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You took it late but only a preg test will determine your question, not guessing

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.