free CAD software?

I would like to do a set of architectural drawings for a house I plan to build.  All 2D work like so called "blue prints".   I have been very frustrated with the instability of LibraCAD.   Can you suggest another free alternative?  I just need to draw accurate vector lines and do text, no 3D or fancy coloring.  

You can't go wrong doing it by hand the old-fashioned way with pencils and other drafting tools. Once your plans are drawn up it isn't expensive to have them digitized. For a one-off project it's easier and faster than having to learn a new program and struggle with it until you get it right.

• John

You can Google your title and get lots of hits. I use Rhino 3d myself, which is not free. I know lots of machinists I encounter in an online forum use Fusion 360. You can do 2d work in a 3d program. I know in Rhino it won't render 2d, as far a I know, so there is that. Years ago I bought a house-drafting program for like $50. It is long gone, but you might look around for such things. It was nice, and easy to use. It knew things like what a door was, windows, roofing, etc.

Jeezus!...............................