Shared my art for the first time in my fandom, now i never want to share my art again.?

Hey guys, so I draw digital fan art, pretty good quality. 

Anyways, I just just share my art with my friends online and I just do it for fun. Anyways, I just finished a really good quality painting and I thought I shared it with my fandom. After all the negative comments, I wish I had never shared it nor do I want to share anything again.

People instantly accused me of grabbing a picture and photoshopping it and calling it art. So this started a domino effect, where everyone started causing me of the same thing, around 50 comments. They asked for proof and i gave it to them and still they caused me of not painting it. Honestly, I think it would have been better if they had just said it’s bad, but to outright, viciously acuse me of copying and just  harassing me for doing nothing but sharing my art has completely changed my perspective on drawing.

I don’t want to draw anymore, I don’t want to share my art with anyone, why? So people can say it’s fake?

• HMFan
    30 mins ago

You’re talking about “derivative art” and it’s frequently difficult determining the line which separates the original from other “versions” of it.

The world’s greatest artists were not born that way. They had to learn and train just like anyone else to hone their craft. Quite often, the training of artists begins with them copying other well-known, already existing pieces of art so the artist could learn concepts like composition, color theory, light and shadow, etc. Once mastered, artists are expected to create UNIQUE works, but how does one define “unique?” Is using the Mona Lisa as the starting point but dressing her up in a Lady Gaga outfit unique? If the image has never been seen before then technically, it IS unique. But would it have ever existed if the Mona Lisa had never been painted? Are Andy Warhol’s “Soup Cans” original and unique? After all, a graphic designer created the label, not Warhol. So was Warhol “just copying?”Even some of the most famous artists had to put up with criticism, accusations, nasty comments, and hate. Such is the life of an artist. You can’t please all of the people all of the time. Keep creating. Keep sharing. Keep moving ahead. Don’t listen to the detractors. If worse comes to worse, simply don’t say anything when confronted. Your journey as an artist is your OWN, not anyone else’s, and different artists come into their own in different ways.

A safe community is welcoming and supportive of their fellow artists. Your fandom seems to be a really toxic environment. I'm sure that your art is completely original and impressive, but people just love to hate sometimes, especially nowadays. Your friends should be supporting your art, and taking your side and defending you, instead of staying on the sidelines. Don't let that discourage you, and move on to a different community. You're better than them.

That's a shame. Artists should be encouraged. But some people consider ridiculing others to be an artform. And sometimes the less it's deserved the more they do it. Don't let them get to you.

Yeah art sucks i recommend quitting it

You should probably avoid posting to that corner of the internet if that is how they are going to be. People won't think you're an art thief if you have a gallery of your sketches and completed works. I enjoy posting my art to places like DeviantArt and PixilArt or even Instagram. Never been harassed on those places. Maybe you should leave the fandom if it's that cancerous.

There are people who love your work, and others who hate it. Art is subjective.

Whatever you do, don't quit something you love to do! It's easy for people to accuse and hate online because they see no repercussions involving them through it.

Many people have been there, where they feel discouraged or want to quit art because their teacher(s) or people (online or not) made them feel bad about their work.Keep drawing and keep posting (if you still intend to of course, which I hope you still want to). But if you're still nervous about people accusing you like this again, try instead, posting the process of the painting you're working on (sketch base, color palet base, digital layers, etc.), before posting the official final piece.As an extra step, just to be sure, and of course if you can, do a screen recording of what you're doing on your work surface (tablet or pc), like speed paint videos do.

Whatever you do, don't let people online who are spreading hate or wrongfully accusing you get to you. As long as you are doing no wrong, and as long as you're not hurting anyone, keep doing what you love :)

Which just tells you how valid the comments and amity of "friends online" and "fandom" are. 

Either ignore them or don't post.

• snafu

Obviously the internet, social media is a double edged sword.  Was your purpose just to get likes from your “fandom”, make yourself feel good, stroke the ego? 

That’s a slippery slope and a lesson learned.  If you want to still put stuff out there, I would find a way of posting and disabling 

comments.  Don’t give up on the art work though.

thats up to you if you want to share it