Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 2 months ago

Need some suggestions for my birthday party?

I wanna do a bbq and have about 13 guests . Each guest is bringing something however I want to do catering . Any suggestions on how i can set this up?

1. Set fire to the top floor of a building.

2. Deliberately take a cop car without ever asking for fun just to make yourselves look cool in society.

3. Pour flammable gas on a police car and light it.

4. Steal a police officer’s gun and use it on them when they just try to get it back.

Thirteen people with thirteen dishes, a bbq and catering is going to net you so much more food than you all can eat.

Pot luck parties is an invitation for indigestion and poor food handling  causing people to possibly get sick. And, all those flavors do not typically go with one another. Why not ask friends to bring a bags of chips, dipd, tortilla chips & salsa, soda, a bottle of wine, a container of iced tea, a bag of ice  prepared bakery deserts, cheese and crackers, nuts and thosee sort of things?

This way, your caterer will be in charge of the food in the correct portions for the crowd with flavors made for one another. 

Such a sad child, is this real? A bbq and catered. More money than sense and has very few real friends.

You want to do catering and bbq then you do that.

The kids invited should each bring a bag of individually wrapped candy then set up a candy bar everyone can have a little of each candy.

You could do a group text and have people text which candy they purchased..so you get a variety.

Keep decor simple less work

Have some games to play.

It isn't at all clear what you want suggestions about. But......if each guest is bringing something, then what is the catering for? If each guest brings a dish that can feed 13 people, you have enough food to feed everyone, probably way more than enough. Everyone would have to have a full serving of each of 13 dishes to eat it all. I don't know how much your friends eat, but no one I know is likely to eat every one of 13 dishes. If each guest brings only enough to feed themselves, you still have enough food though clearly not everyone is going to get some of everything. Caterers bring food, but your guests have brought food too. Decide what you want in the way of food, then figure out which part you want the caterer to do.

• Janet

For a potluck, it works best if you have your guests RSVP AND tell you what they are bringing.  I've gone to potlucks where there was not coordination, and everyone brought rolls .. or dessert ... or chips.  You should not order your catered foods until  you know what foods are coming with the guests.

• kswck2

Catering a BBQ is only done by Cowards. Everyone brings a dish. 

You dont cater a bbq

The theme is most definitely Coronavirus! Have fun.

(Based on your name - I hope this was a troll and I, in fact, gave the correct answer).

• CB

Find a BBQ place in your area that does catering and hire them. You, as the customer, can tell them what you want and how much and type of food you want -but they probably have better deals on pre-defined menus. 

If by BBQ you mean grilling, it would be cheaper to buy a grill and do your own cooking (or have one the guests volunteer to do the grilling - someone always likes to be in charge of the grille).