POLLS : Why does almost no one know that Japan was just like Nazi's during the world war 2?

i feel like only Nazi is still talked about a lot in western countries when Germany faces up to their history while Japan just can't, just like the Japanese PM says, comfort women were nothing but only prostitutes?

It seems to many people that Japan was only a victim of the atomic bombs and the war while the damage in multiple Asian countries is not at all mentioned by western people.

the U.S also kinda turned a blind eye on what Japan did/is doing. (UNIT731 etc),

i am sure the U.S. won't even say a word if Japan invades Korea tomorrow. 

(I know there is North Korea but North Koreans are also the same people as us)

I swear I answered this same question in "History" in the last 2-3 weeks.  

I suggest that the simple fact is that it's racism.  We predominantly European & African-descended people in "the West" don't really give a dam about Asians.  They're still commonly referred to by many disparaging terms like those complained about by others that are now obsolete/obsolescent.  

My paternal grandmother (conceived in Poland, born in New York City) lost at least 36 relatives in WWII due to either Nazi or Soviet savagery.  Yet, for all her life, she continued to buy goods made in Germany or the U.S.S.R.  However, though she lost no one in the war against Japan, she would never buy anything made in any Asian country because of "what those dirty Japs did at Pearl Harbour".         

I'm of Polack Jew descent. I don't dislike the Japanese, but America is the greatest country that's ever existed, and anybody that has the audacity to attack my beloved America is going to pay. Dropping those A bombs on Japan was payback and the Americans were well within their rights to do it. Japan, Canada, these aren't really "countries", but more like vassal states of America. 

The Japanese didn't commit genocide on the Jewish diaspora.

And you would be wrong. It may be less talked about, but it is fairly well known.

I knew that. Then again I was brought up in the 90s when things were more "realistic"

maybe because people don't educate themselves about these things? i live in Hawaii so it's kind of forced onto us at a young age in school on things like Hawaiian culture and basically how we became a state. 

im not a huge fan of history in general but i do live on Oahu where pearl harbor is located so i have a jist of what they were like.