Sridhar asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

Can ladies use toilet paper as makeshift tampons?

Is it an option? Are there risks involved?

Is making it a regular practice an option?

I am a guy and just wanted to know. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • k w
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

sounds like you are thinking of options when you run out of the other, I just would not insert it, but fold it up and use it with natural body folds as the female body has, as needed of course...

• 2 weeks ago

No, tampons go inside the vagina, but women can use toilet paper as pads, I've done that a few times when I didn't have real pads available

• Edna
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

A woman CAN NOT use toilet paper as a makeshift tampon. A tampon is inserted into the vagina. Toilet paper is made to dissolve and break up when it comes into contact with water or some other moisture. 

If she inserted toilet paper as a makeshift tampon into her vagina, the moisture inside her vagina would cause the toilet paper to break into pieces. She really WOULD have a problem, getting all those little pieces of toilet paper out of herself. 

• 3 weeks ago

the roll is too big

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • MissA
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Not well. Infection.  Not unless you’re desperate. 

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

no they can not as it would be rather gross and messy

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not a very solid nor feasible option.  Toilet paper is too porous and thin to use as a menstrual sanitary product.  It will shred within moments of coming in contact with blood and leave a mess behind.  You will be wasting time even attempting to use it in place of an actual product that is made for this purpose.  If you choose to do this, expect to be washing all your linens, undergarments and clothing while using this unfortunate method.  You will also be quite embarrassed when you find leaks on your clothing and anywhere you sit.  Pretty gross to expose others to your menstrual blood residue, btw.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.