Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

should I talk to the mailman about my dog situation?

I live in a small town with a lot of rumours and one is that my dog is aggressive, the rumours are fake and my dog only barks once to let me know I got mail but otherwise he never reacts to the mailman.

the reason why I think I should talk to him is because his boss said he´s had several complaints about my dog. do you think talking to him will help or only make it worse?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Talking to him calmly is your best optiin.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Keep your dog contained - inside a fence or inside your house.  I have NO idea how aggressive dog rumors start based on one bark when the mailmen is at your home.

I'd check out who started the rumor.

• 1 month ago

Keep the dog INDOORS when the mail runs and your mailman no longer has a legit complaint

• 1 month ago

Has your mailman said anything about your dog?  I would talk to him & ask if he believes all the rumors or fine with your dog.  Get the word right from the horses mouth.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, if you know about when your mail comes - you need wait outside WITHOUT the dog, but have a picture handy.   Find out if the mailman has complained, and if so - why.  

I have a hard time believing your dog was "reported" for just barking, esp if inside & simply barking at a window.  But no mail person should be "GREETED"  in FRONT of your home - by a dog.  (THAT is considered THREATENING and may cause them to pepper spray your dog or refuse to make any further deliveries.)   Mail people OFTEN have to make deliveries TO YOUR DOOR so the dog should remain INSIDE, or only be in the backyard & behind a REAL fence.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.