Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Is Princess Diana the most popular royal?

Because of the media even people born after she died seem to know who she was.I was born in 1992 so i do not remember her but i know who she was and she, in fact every young person knows who she was and how she was treated. She's like an icon now and many young people think very favorably of her.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Ludwig
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

No, she was a silly cow.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

she reinvigorated the english royals. 

• Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If you were born in 1992, you were only 4 years old when she died. You nor anyone else your age do NOT know "who she was" or "how she was treated". None of you were ever exposed to her while she was alive. All you think you know about her or how she was treated is what you've read in the tabloids. If she's like an "icon", I feel sorry for the people of your generation. 

• 4 weeks ago

She is not at all popular with me, i never liked her at all, she used the Royal family to promote herself, always playing to the press for media coverage, While Anne carried out four times as many duties and charity work, but did it under the radar and didnt crave the camera. Princess Anne is MY most popular Royal.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I am sure you think she is marvellous. Not everyone did, or does. The Mirror newspaper pushed for an investigation under the 1351 Act of Treason for one of her lovers when evidence came to light that she was guilty of committing adultery while the wife of a future monarch.  When she died, they had to change their tune putting out their souvenir Peoples Princess hagiography like the rest of them, fuelling the mass hysteria which became a national embarrassment.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Diana, Princess of Wales, was one of the most popular royals, usually following the Queen in the rankings. She was not the most popular.

Well-informed people know that Diana had her strengths and weaknesses. Her charitable works--for AIDS/HIV research, her work with the homeless, the aged, the ill--are all well-documented. Well-informed people are aware of works that fawn, are overly-positive or overly-negative, are not as informative and truthful about a life as they could. Diana was not a saint, nor was she an evil person. She was a fallible human being who was able to choose her patronages that fit what she wished to do--be of some service.

And a note about titles. People who don't know title protocols make the mistake of calling Diana "Princess Diana." The rule is that it is only women who are born or are bestowed a princess in their own rights correctly use the title of Princess with their own names. A female who assumes royal status through marriage uses the title of Princess with her husband's name. Diana could have been called "The Princess Charles," but she married a man with a special title--The Prince of Wales. The wife of the Prince of Wales has her own special title--The Princess of Wales. She may use her name in front of the title, so Diana was properly called Diana, Princess of Wales, or, while married to Charles, The Princess of Wales.  Since people come here to learn, it is not pedantic to instruct, it is being informative in order to be of help.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No doubt that is the case with some.   But not all. She spent twice as much on manicures as some people earn!

Nobody compelled her to join the’firm’

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Indeed, Diana remains a beloved iconic figure. Her shocking death in a car crash in 1997 at the age of 36 was a tragedy that was felt the world over. The crash was the result of paparazzi in cars and on motorbikes pursuing, at excessive speeds, the car in which she was riding. 

Millions, around the world, found Diana to be a compassionate, empathetic, stylish, beautiful woman. They had watched her evolution from a shy 19-year-old fiancée of a British prince, to a young royal mother, to a fashion icon, to a woman challenged by a doomed marriage. 

Although her marriage was a terribly unhappy one, she brought happiness to many through her more down-to-earth, hands-on approach to being a princess than was customary for previous British royalty. For example: she warmly hugged people; she spoke of her own problems (notably her struggles with bulimia) which made her more relatable; and she made private visits (without the media present) to homeless shelters with her young sons in tow, to ensure that they could appreciate how others lived outside of palace walls. 

She helped champion charitable causes by utilising the intense media scrutiny that followed her everywhere. She is credited with having helped bring much-needed attention to unexploded land mines that maimed and killed civilians in war-torn countries and to the plight of AIDS patients whose affliction in the 1980s was far too often cause for cruel ostracism and derision. 

It’s not surprising that younger people know about Diana, given that her two sons, William and Harry, garner a great deal of media attention. They mention their mother often and seek to keep her memory very much alive. 

• 1 month ago

There has never been a Princess Diana to my knowledge. The first wife of the Prince of Wales was Diana, Princess of Wales, but she was never "Princess Diana". If you insist on "Princess Diana" then you have to recognise "Princess Camilla". Myths grow about dead people and the myths about Diana have certainly grown since 1997.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

All of them are well known. Even royals who lived 1000 years ago. There’s no competition to discover who is the winner of the royal popularity contest. She did some cool things for bomb victims and aids patients although she never gave any money to charity 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.