JJ
Lv 5
JJ asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Why Queen Elizabeth did not meet Queen Mary ?

Novels, films and operas has portrayed the fictitious meeting of Queen Elizabeth I of England and Mary, Queen of Scots, though neither queens met in real life.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Rico
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Those sort of things are put into the story to fill gaps in the history.  It’s entirely possible that they did meet but didn’t keep records of those encounters. 

• Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

WHICH Queen Elizabeth and WHICH Queen Mary?

If you're speaking of Queen Elizabeth I and Queen Mary I (Bloody Mary), they were half-siblings. They had known each other all their lives.

If you're speaking of Queen Elizabeth II and Mary of Teck (Queen Mary, consort of King George V): She was the mother of kings Edward VIII and George VI, and the grandmother of Queen Elizabeth II.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Plausible deniability.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes and they made a movie making out they did meet

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Clo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They just didn't. Mary lived abroad for much of her life.

• 1 month ago

Elizabeth thought it would've made it difficult to have Mary's head chopped off if they spoke in person. Mary was a queen after all, and Spain wanted Elizabeth's head on a pole, too. Elizabeth couldn't use the old 'appointed by God' excuse if Spain captured her after ordering another queen's execution.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.