Pencil asked in PetsBirds · 1 month ago

Is it a good idea to let my chickens in my house?

It's summer and there are ants in between my living room and my kitchen . I put baking powder there and it did work. But I'm wondering if it's better to let my chickens in the house. As long as they don't take a poo.

• 6 days ago

Chickens poop a lot. Unless you put a bird diaper on them plan on cleaning up chicken

s---t, lots of it.

One has nothing to do with the other.  Put Amdro outside to keep the ants outside.  Kill what's inside and sure, let the chickens in, but not if you have sprayed poison to kill the ants.  Better to use an all natural oil spray to kill them, and then clean it up before you let the chickens in.  Don't let the chickens wonder on their own, or you will end up with chicken poop on your rugs.  You can bring them in one at a time to pet on your lap for a while.

No, especially if you have kids.  Chickens are often carriers of head lice.  Letting chickens in will expose your family to their parasites.  

Unless you plan to diaper the chickens, I suggest a mixture of sugar and borax. Alternatively, use a commercial spray.

With the chickens and the ants, you could open a petting zoo. Live your dream.