Who are those few Bible translators who are still alive and who have done great works in the Bible translation? Please give a small list.?

Update:

Who are those few Bible translators who are still alive and who have done great works in the Bible translation? Please give a small list.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • User
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

One of the most influential was Bruce Metzger, but he died in 2007.

Henry Wansbrough, editor of the groundbreaking and influential New Jerusalem Bible, is still alive. I don't know if his expertise is in translation or if it is in English language (i.e. making the translation produced by translators more elegant). It seems that he is the primary translator of some of his many published works.

Many of the top translators have been involved in official translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls (which include Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Aramaic and Koine Greek documents, i.e. the same languages as the Bible).

Some of them (I believe these people are all still living)

- Michael Wise

- Martin Abegg

- Eugene Ulrich

- James Vanderkam

• Jess
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Here is the truth:  Death leads to immediate heaven or hell. The only way to have eternal life, the only way to be in heaven and avoid hell, is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ (John 6:47).  It is that simple and that easy.  It is too late to be saved after death.  Jesus is God and Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).  The Lord Jesus Christ paid for our sins with His death and blood.  Nothing else pays for our sins, not works from us or anything else.  You cannot add any works to getting into heaven (Romans 4:5).

• thesun
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Every new translation corrupts the original scripture..

• Shantiraj1 month agoReport

Thank you so much

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Donald
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

no....

the newer bibles have all been tampered with.

guess why....

the tares live to keep records and change things.

little scribes they are. (they hate GOD and truth)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • There are new bible translation being developed all the time. Especially if you count all the different languages in the world, not just English.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.