Anonymous

How do I ask my professor for help on their exams?

I have been struggling with exams

do you need a tutor for class?

do you have difficulty understanding exam questions or directions? 

politely talk to your professor about your concerns.

Email her saying you want to review an exam you didn't do well on. 

You meet with the professor or TA durning office hours.  If possible, bring a test that you can review with them.  Ask them what they feel you should focus on and where they think you are missing the mark. For example, do you last mastery of a fundamental concept or knowledge you should have for this class? Are you making sloppy mistakes that you can fix by simply taking more time or reviewing your and answers?  Are you unable to retain information from your reading or assignments?

If you need lots and lots of help, you need to hire a tutor.  A professor should be willing talk with you for 30 minutes, but they aren't their to hold your hand and w

• MS

I find that it often helps if students are able to look at exams and see the questions they miss.  I know that is more difficult with online classes, but you might see if that's possible.  Sometimes it helps to know what types of questions or what aspect of them are giving you trouble.  It's fine to ask this.  You can also ask if they have study tips or suggestions, but this is really hard because everyone learns in different ways.  I always try to answer students when they ask this, but I can only say what worked for me and what other students have told me works for them.  

You may want to see if there is someone in your class that you can study with.  If a struggling student approaches me, I will often try to pair them up with a student who is doing well, and that's been really successful.  

You can also see if there are tutoring resources available at your school.  There should be, and they should be free. 

First start off and see if your college/uni has a learning center/tutor center to get some basic tips on exam taking

just come right out and ask them