Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 4 weeks ago

What age should a mom stop hugging her child and saying “I love you”?

A mom should never stop hugging her children or tell them that she loves them until the day she is no longer on this earth!

• ron h

mothers don't have to stop doing that. Men don't usually do that daily with sons. 

Never. Even if my child was an old man, I would still hug him, tell him I love him and hang on his every word. My children are my heart. I became a loving mother the day my child was born, and he is an adult with an adult daughter and I still adore him.

My second son was born ten years later. He was a delight from the first moment he was born. He is funny, talented, sweet, and loving. He is married to a gorgeous woman and they have 3 kids. I hug them all, as often as I see them. 

I am an old lady, and I love to be hugged and told that I am loved. I don't know if you ever outgrow the need to be loved and cherished. I hope not.

Never ever ever ever.  The last time my mom hugged me was two weeks before she died, she was 71. My nan hugged my dad when she was in her 90s and no doubt hugged her other three children too. My own children are 15 and 13 and I will hug them when ever they want to be hugged and they know they can hug me too. And they are frequently told they are loved and they say it right back, sometimes they're even first to say I love you. 

I stopped doing that when my child was 1 cause I don't wanna lie

• Map3 weeks agoReport

Lie

• art

hopefully never

Never. It's always a good thing to do that. 

Never!  Same goes for dad.  We have two daughters both in their early 20’s when they’re home me and my wife both kiss, hug and tell them we love them at least once a day.  

Source(s): Married 30 years, father to two daughters.
  • L

A mother will NEVER stop loving and hugging her children...........no matter what age they are.  My oldest is 49 and I still hug him.

There is no need to stop. I come from a Latin background so for us it is completely normal to share such affection. I hate to put it this way, but no one is guaranteed tomorrow, any moment could be the last one, so a hug and I love you is a good thing.