Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

So.. this girl had morning sickness almost whole time of pregnancy. W/ it being about a pipe bowl full a day, She just stopped & is 30 weeks?

She is telling me they wont do any test at birth...live in SC & yes, her doctor was made aware at 1st prenatal appointment, but has gotten negative results since then.

Will they test her? Will they test the babies poop when he is born? Help me, try & help her.

Sorry guys, this was supposed to have said she been smoking about a pipe bowl full of marijuana, until 30 weeks......She is telling me they wont do any test at birth...live in SC & yes, her doctor was made aware at 1st prenatal appointment, but has gotten negative results since then.

IF the doctors have reason to suspect that the mother has been doing drugs that affect the baby, they will test and CPS may be involved. ARe you saying that she hasn't been smoking since the first prenatal appointment? If that's the case, she'll be fine. If she smoked until 30 weeks, it might have affected the baby. Just as a comparison, my mother, who smoked cigarettes, stopped during each of her pregnancies because of the possible effects on the babies. It's hard to believe that your girlfriend moksed pot until 30 weeks. I wouldn't even take an aspirin when I was pregnant. But it's unlikely that anything is going to trigger a report to CPS. 

No, they aren't going to just automatically test for THC.

• Nicole4 weeks agoReport

idk, i was just reading this but she does say that her doctor knows she was smoking it at the beginning..even though she stopped at 30 weeks, i feel they actually probably will because she failed her first one. (Only bc i know someone that had this happen..nd they lived in south carolina

Test for what?

Some people have severe morning sickness. Sometimes morning sickness suddenly goes away. None of this indicates that there is anything wrong with the baby.

I don't understand the question.