Venus asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

Dealing with vaginismus?

I am a 17 year old female, and about three weeks ago, my doctor told me I have vaginismus, which is the involuntary contraction of the muscles surrounding the vaginal walls, making it so sex is either very painful when peneterated, or sometimes I clench up so much that my boyfriend cannot penetrate me. He is the same age, and while he has been very supportive and understanding, just the fact that I can't ever have sex is depressing me. I wish I had a normal vagina like everyone else, and sometimes I feel like he does too. How do I cope with this?

3 Answers

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.