Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

Are you getting annoyed with people posting "Black lives matter" for attention?

You know that they don't care. They just want likes for their page and for people to validate how right they are. Then they get into shouting matches against people who don't do this online. If you want to protest, fine, but I don't need to see people trying to portray the exact same personality so that they can boast about how much they care over things they really don't.

I get much more annoyed at people who say they are annoyed at others with unpopular opinions. 

My point exactly. If they care as much as they say they do, then why don't they donate to African American charities? They could donate to colleges, free housing, medical supplies during COVID-19 to make sure African Americans have an equal chance, etc. etc. Instead, thy post stupid black screen pictures on facebook screaming at others about how much they don't care if they don't follow the same trends that that other protesters do.

Some youtubers I watch have actually made "apology videos" due to how much backlash they have received for not following the crowd, so to say. It's ridiculous and if these people claim to be adults then they need to stop doing this crap and start acting more mature and helpful instead. 

• Foofa

Amongst my social media contacts I know who really cares and who's just doing it for cred. It doesn't offend me when someone who volunteers and donates speaks up on this (regardless of their race). It is annoying when someone you know wouldn't lift a finger to help in a real life way gloms onto it. 

What's annoying me is that some of the people on my Facebook posting it, are also some of the most racist people I know behind closed doors. Those guys are most definitely doing it for the likes and attention and it does bug me because of the false facade they are putting on

I see it as a way to get people to disagree/agree to stir up some more trouble. Attention seekers who ensite drama are rather pathetic people, no doubt about it.

• g

I get much more annoyed at people who make assumptions of others/their motives. Live and let live.