Why are new cars so cheaply built?

I've been looking to buy a corolla or camry thats less than 5 years old and i was pretty shocked.

I'm pretty sure none of them will hold up for decades like the ones built before 2010. 

When did you ever see plastic valve covers on an engine before? I know there's not a lot of pressure in that area but I'm pretty sure the heat will eventually warp stuff.

And why have they removed the tranny dipsticks? Which idiot engineer decided that was a good idea? 

About the electric water pumps... eh not sure if they're as reliable as belt driven. Only time will tell. 

I saw several other bad designs in these cars that was just a result of engineers cutting corners to save costs while compromising on reliability. 

Has the time come where we have to say goodbye to reliable vehicles. 

My 2010 Corolla is looking and running just about the same as when we bought it in 2010. A valve cover hardly has any pressure under it ( aluminum valvecover on 2010 engine). It is just a cover. There's a plastic engine cover over the top of the whole engine and it's just decoration.

Some have complained about the later 8 speed transmissions being harsh. My '98 Corolla has lost half its clearcoat, but runs like a top

Those two cars if given the required maintenance will likely still be running when Alabama bans college football.

• Ron

Post a question or **** off

Still rocking my 05 Corolla.

Vehicles are more reliable today than they have ever been and that is a fact. All of your assumptions are just that assumptions.