John asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Am I not getting paid enough or am I not saving up enough?

Every month I spend about $500 on bills, not sure how much I spend on food every week, but every week I make a little bit more than $300 or less than $400. Now I’m wondering if Maybe I’m not saving my money right or if it’s just time for me to find a another job. Would you be able to survive with $300 a week or how much is a decent check to you. 

If you're not even sure how much you spend on food on average, no one can even begin to assess your spending habits.   You need to start keeping better track of how much you are actually spending.

I couldnt by on $300 a week, but I also have 2 kids.   A single person with no kids probably could get by on that, depending on cost of living in your area. 

Poverty level is about $23,000 a yr.  As a SS recipentant I get just over $700 a month.  You have to think 'pinch pennies'. Frugal.  Live within your means.

It depends on where you live. I can probably survive on 300-400 per week if I lived in the Midwest states. 

No chance I can live on 300-400 in the west or east coast.