Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Why do people pretend that they are certified nutritionists when they find out I'm vegan?

I don't get it: I don't brag about being vegan (in fact, I try to avoid telling people as much as possible because I know what their reaction will be) and I don't tell anyone that they should be vegan. So why do people care so much about what I eat? Can't they just mind their own business?

You will always have those who think that they know it all, and what a person should or shouldn't eat. Many base what they believe on this or that opinion based article, of what is or isn't in their opinion healthy. Which usually most of said articles, takes a few facts, then weaves those together with opinions. All of the self dietary experts, aren't really all that different, than those who suddenly become medical experts, or barroom lawyers, who are as, or in some cases more qualified than an actual board certified lawyer. I've seen plenty of that type in this section, when it comes to nutrition, who are suddenly as qualified or more so, than a certified registered dietitian. 

Sadly many of my fellow omnitarians, don't know nearly as much as they try to claim or worse think they know. Yet press them for some hard scientific proof, that comes from a  reputable source, such as a government, medical, or college research facility, and they often fail to supply such a source, or use a specifically selected section as their source. The will simply get dismissed as either inaccurate, or outright wrong, in that it fails to support their beliefs/claims. They are of the belief that their opinion is and will always be the hard facts, and won't listen to or accept anything other than what they believe. I've even seen one individual proclaim that any nutritional scientist is incompetent, based on what their opinion is, and thereby are qualified in as such to make a legal medical diagnosis.

The truth and to many fails abysmally to accept, is that there's no such thing as a diet that will work for everyone. Yet with every dietary following, you'll always find those self declared and self certified experts, whom sees themselves as some all knowing, all wise, and equally among most highly venerated elder of elder sages, whom are or should be of the greatest world renown, due to their self declared mastery and expertise, of what.is and isn't right for everyone, and with all to often little more than a high school diploma, or certificate to back themselves with.

Why do vegans pretend to be nutritionists when people say that meat is a necessary part of the diet?

• Nekkid Truth!
      1 month agoReport

Animal products are NOT harmful to your health..  Stop with the peta propoganda.   Meat is necessary.  I get SICK if I do not eat red meat at least 2-3 times a week.

they don't want to be shown they are wrong so they want you to feel wrong

People are like that no matter what. Gonna have a baby? Look how many baby doctors immediately pop up in your life. Your vegan? Look how many people are now nutritionists. 

Because they found out, regardless of your insistence they weren’t told. 

• kswck2

Because veganism has a shroud over it of eating improperly. Right or wrong. 

Its is good you eat a lot of beans for it makes you light on your feet.....Many great Olympic runners were Vegans......