riley asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Weird bad smell following me?? What is it?

Hi, so back when I was in school still I noticed a really bad smell like onions and cumin and it made me gag. I didn’t really notice at home. But ever since schools stopped I noticed my whole room has that bad onion stink. And it’s only gotten worse the warmer it get. I thought it might be something in my bag (gross!) but I cleaned it out and nothing! it’s been following me around the house and it smells even worse when I’m out walking my dog. It’s horrible, I think the people on the street notice it too because they hold their noses. Worse part is that stinky smell seems to be sticking to my clothes, but only really my shirts? What could it be and how do I stop that yucky smell 🤢

If you are absolutely sure you are causing the smell, and it isn't something else. You can take a shower and wash your clothes.

• Edna

The smell might be coming from a gas leak in your house or from the gas lines under the street outside. Call your gas company and let them check it out. A leaking gas line can explode-and blow up your house or the entire street outside.

• k w

dunno, but that reminds me of a fellow I went to school with, he had a similar problem, but he moved, and I never found out about the rest of the  story......

What I am about to describe to you may not apply to you, but the odor symptoms you mention and other people who hold their noses around you could mean you have an odor disorder. I have a bad stomach, so I cannot eat onions that I love, so I do not remember the smell or taste of onions.There is an odor- disorder that causes people(mostly females)to smell like feces and fish around other people called Tri-Methyl-Amin-Urea(TMAU).This disorder is hereditary and is not caused from poor hygiene. In the human body, an enzyme(protein)is missing during  birth that is no fault of yours but can mark you as someone who stinks and people try to move away when you enter.I do not know whether this disorder is masked or dormant and does not become effective until many years later. A woman who worked for the same company as I  began smelling very foul in her 20s and was diagnosed with TMAU. This unfair disorder emits odor when you breathe so people do not want to remain when you are present. The odor is also emitted from sweat, semen, urine. Go to Google and search for TMAU and choose the Wikipedia that supplies more information. The world's authority on smell and taste is Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia, and can offer information how to be tested for TMAU. Certain foods eaten make the odor stronger, like egg yokes.After reading about the disorder at Wikipedia, go to Monell  at www,monell.org. The home pages of the web site have different headings, so look for TMAU for testing information. Click on all the border headings until you find TMAU. Once you learn whether you truly have TMAU, you can gather facts so you can explain to people why you emit a foul odor that you cannot control. Do not accept this information until you are sure you have the disorder as it will change your lifestyle forever.  I hope I am wrong about your body odor,  and I hope you possess another condition.

Good Luck.

harrald 

Do your laundry once a week, one that really deep cleans. Maybe check your room, backpack, and locker to clean and see if that helps.

Perhaps you need to shower and use deodorant more often?  Body odor can mimic the odor of onions. 

• Edna
      4 weeks agoReport

riley:  If you're old enough to be posting on this board (at least 13), then you're old enough to need deodorant.