Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 month ago

With the COVID-19 studies on HBP being released, should I try to stay home as much as possible to minimize the chance of catching COVID-19?

I know that this isn’t really the place to go to get completely accurate medical advice, but if you aren’t a medical professional, I guess just treat this as a ‘what would you do’ type of thing. 

With the studies released recently about people who have high blood pressure having twice the chance at death if contracting COVID-19, it makes me worry for my safety even more than I already did. 

I have high blood pressure myself, and I do take medicine for it. I do stay home majority of the time nowadays due to the fact that I also live with my grandma, and I don’t want to risk bringing anything back to her.

When I’m not home, I’m working. I am working about 24 hours a week right now until this pandemic calms down a bit more, which is NOT a lot at all, but should I consider staying home from work so that I don’t possibly expose myself and risk my safety as well as my grandmas? 

I feel as though I could be taking this a bit too overboard, so I thought I’d ask for more opinions to either correct my thoughts or confirm them. 

I’m sorry if this whole thing sounds extra!

Watching more TV shows and movies can possibly give you more things to do at home nowadays .