lazie asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

social distancing on the beach?

Due to security, is there any law declaring how many distance meters i have to stay once on the bach?

• Edna

There's no such law in Texas. In that state, the Governor of Texas lifted almost all coronavirus restrictions, beginning on May 1. The beaches are open and they're packed with people. There's no social distancing restrictions in place on the beaches in Texas. 

Social distancing restrictions pertaining to beaches and parks might still be in effect in other states.

• Edna
      4 weeks agoReport

@Terry:  Texas has a population of over 29 million. Out of that number, there has been a total of 86,011 confirmed cases in the  state & most of them recovered with no hospitalization necessary. In the County in which I live, there have been only 15 cases ever since Jan. & they have all recovered. 

Grow up social distancing should be applied to old and sick. And if your old and sick then why are you outside

• Edna
      4 weeks agoReport

Well, I guess I'm old (I'm 78), but I go outside and I'm not sick and I haven't been doing any social distancing - outside or inside.

This varies depending on your location. Where I am you are required to keep a minimum of 1.5m away from anyone who is not part of your household.

• Tarkarri
      4 weeks agoReport

Yes. It is being policed. $1000+ on the spot fines being issued to people breaching rules. If beaches etc get too crowded they are closed and everyone required to leave.

• Alesha

Most beaches I've been to people are at least 50ft away so it's not an issue. One I go to and it's more like a 100 yds.

• Tavy

Use your common sense, stay at least 2 metres away from other people.

I suggest draw a circle on sand, don't allow anyone under your umbrella shade.

How about hula loop, it surely keep people away from you, it will be fun.

Social distancing isn't law. In some places, it's merely encouraged. In others, there is an executive order in place. What's required where you are depends on where you are and whether your state governor or city mayor or other local executive has given an order regarding social distancing, and if so, what that order is.

• Edna
      4 weeks agoReport

Anon:  I don't care where you live. That sort of "law" or "executive order" can't be enforced. No one is going to measure how far away you are from other people.