Do/Could ghosts or spirits actually turn out to be possibly imaginary if a person were to meet one?

Could "actual/real" ghosts or souls/spirits particularly turn out to be nothing more than merely just hallucinations if they did show up to a real person?

Cause people may tend to hallucinate visions of a deceased person speaking to them.

• Mr. P

It is possible that many people imagine they see a ghost when it is actually a flash of light or a shadow, but it does not explain the more detailed sightings.

I've seen quite a few and enjoy the research into them. Most of the time I find out that what I have seen did happen, is recorded in print and the person did exist.

Therefore they cannot just be imagination if it matches the printed facts.

• Tom
      4 weeks agoReport

MY opinion is that we are dealing with Phenomena based on higher order Physics, such as an Einstein-Rosen Bridge a CONNECTION with another time through which we may view a LIVING person in the PAST---That would explain most sightings Scientifically and not have to invent Ghost beings to make it work

• Tom

? Hard to understand your question. In cases of multiple witnesses, Suggests what is being deemed a "Ghost" is SOMETHING real---We can't use Telepathy to explain Imagining the same thing. But Still something UNKNOWN is no evidence it is a GHOST.----------No serious person who studies Paranormal associated unknowns takes single witness testimony seriously any way.  Alleged "Ghosts" are evaluated in terms of consistent patterns and given circumstances, to help understand what they may really be.---Eliminating the possibility of Hallucinations, illusions or hoaxes is always the first thing to do. then it is compared to known patterns of such reported events---Which also may lend support to a claim, if it matches.  NOT that the EVENT is an actual "Ghost" mind you, but a phenomenon that witnesses commonly DEEM a "Ghost"--------At which point we direct our studies to the nature of the phenomenon in question.  Does it conform to ANYTHING we know in Physics or other Sciences or theories?  WHat DO we know about it?  EG. Light looks like the electric spectrum, associated with a 20 degree F temperature drop, etc.  With unknowns we may never get an answer, but we MAY be able to describe it---Just as Newton chose to DESCRIBE Gravity if he couldn't say for sure what it was. 

• Michael Shotton
      4 weeks agoReport

You can find these paranormal books because you look for them and only bluff no interest. Your problem is, your need to say black to everyone's white. Grow up.

If they are imaginary, how could you possibly meet one? My imaginary friend agrees with me.

• Michael Shotton
      3 weeks agoReport

as if they are denialists, they may claim to see an egg and cress sandwich rather than accept the world is not as simple as they would like. If these people found fairies living at the bottom of the garden, they would use a spray.

Very interesting question. Brain sometimes play trick making people imagine things. For more info. Search Hypnopompic and Hypnagogia.

• Of course they are all imaginary, talking to ghosts never comes up with any real information like where the body is hidden or what the password to their online bank account is.

• Michael Shotton
      3 weeks agoReport

I told him that once he got proof first hand, he could send me the money but if he heard nothing, it was his to keep. He refused. A chance for him to have proof and he refused it. 

• 👻

No. I know a spirit well, and it’s definitely not my imagination. I channel him and say things I’ve never said before, talk in a way I’ve never talked before. I can feel the energy it takes out of me to communicate for long periods. My face muscles hurt after, as they are his expressions he uses.

• 👻
      3 weeks agoReport

I really doubt you have tried (or been successful), or you would not be thinking that.. but hey, think what you want. I couldn’t stop you. :)

• angie

You bring up an interesting point because extreme mold cases in homes can cause exactly that..

• angie
      4 weeks agoReport

? People don't intentionally introduce mold into their home. It is usually a result of leaking pipes or roof.

Not in all cases. There are too many unsolved cases of perfectly normal people who have shared experiences of the supernatural. Just ask yourself why this is not a mental illness by now and why is this not common knowledge that ghosts are tricks that people play on each other?