Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Can I get pregnant if my tampon soaked up a lot of semen?

Since I’m on my period me and my boyfriend just messed around a bit and he came on me and most of the semen got absorbed by my tampon. And I guess I’m just wondering if I can get pregnant from that? We are both adults just mildly inexperienced 

Do you know when a woman is fertile?  It's not during her period. It's about 10 days to two weeks PRIOR to her bleeding. You can check when you are fertile and likely to get pregnant by taking your temperature every single morning for a month.  Don't get up, have the thermometer right by the bed, and before you rise, take your oral temperature. If you're normal, your temp will be normal--98.6 or thereabouts--every day EXCEPT the days you are fertile--when it will be a degree or two HIGHER. This is how you track when you are ovulating, and most likely to become pregnant if you have unprotected sex. It doesn't mean that you can't get pregnant at other times, though--it's only the MOST likely time. When you are bleeding, however, it's very UNlikely. The bleeding is a signal from your body that you are not prepared to have an egg fertilized. Your eggs are actually fertilized in your fallopian tubes, not your vagina or uterus. That higher temp is actually a sign that your egg has moved into the tube and is ready for the sperm. If it is successfully fertilized, it falls into the uterus and implants in the lining of the uterus, which is what all that blood is about--it's the lining becoming thick and ready to receive the fertile egg. And if it does implant, then the lining is retained--which is why you skip periods when you're pregnant. 

I guess they just don't teach this stuff in school anymore. 

• Dude, read a fooking book. Women get pregnant during periods. Look it up.

• Edna

If you had a tampon inside you, how did your boyfriend manage to put his penis inside you, in order for semen to be absorbed by the tampon?  The tampon would have been in the way of his penis.  And, if he came "on" you (and not inside your vagina), how could semen get inside you?

It's almost impossible for you to get pregnant while you're having a period. When you're menstruating, your uterus is shedding its old, unused lining and there's no mature egg in your body at that time to be fertilized. 

Yes you can, although it's not very likely if you are on your period. But to be sure, make sure to take a test in a couple weeks and next time: use protection!

When you are on your period, you are at the lowest risk for pregnancy anyway.

The chances of sperm getting past your tampon to go in and wait for an egg is very slim.

The average female with a 28 day cycle will ovulate on about day 14 of the cycle.  (ovulation happens ABOUT 14 days BEFORE the next period - someone with a longer cycle would ovulate on a slightly later day in their cycle - someone with a shorter cycle would ovulate on a slightly earlier day in their cycle.)

Day 1 of the cycle is the first day of your period.  Sperm only lives inside you for 5 days and it is unlikely that an egg will arrive before the sperm dies.  

A girl is only able to get pregnant for a few days in the middle of her cycle.  The egg is dumped when the system flushes during menstration, so you can't get pregnant.  But you an get venereal disease, infections, etc.  

Our sperm troll is back

if you are old enough to have sex you should be old enough to have a basic understanding of your own biology.

you do not sound very adult to me.

but to answer,no you are not going to get pregnant while menstruating.