Is it literally unbelievable for someone to actually meet a real ghost if one shows up?

Is the existence of ghosts literally unbelievable if a person were to meet one in real life?

If one were to show up?

"Ghosts" are images that people see while one part of their brain is asleep and dreaming, while another is awake.

They are literally dream imagery superimposed over the real world.

Technically, either hypnagogic or hypnopompic hallucinations.

So people do really see them, but they are only illusions and nothing separate or real in their own right.

• Michael Shotton
      1 month agoReport

What I am saying is, "this post is nothing but guesswork." In your own case, you should put "in my opinion." in front of your silly statements. Your own lack of understanding of how the English language works, makes you a poor candidate for Q&A's own grammar coach. "know it all" Simply amasing!

• Tom

Depends upon what a "REAL GHOST" actually is.  Of course "Ghosts" are Mythical Beings that superstitious people use to explain Phenomena that cant be explained by Current day Science yet. (Assuming the possibility of Hallucinations, Hoaxes or misinterpretations and illusions have been eliminated).  So if a person encounters what they take to BE a "Ghost" ANd it looks like a BEING some possibilities are---A being from a parallel Universe, an Alien or a LIVING person from another time----No need to invent a "Spirit entity"  which is more "far out" than the others in a possible (though not proven yet) ----The simplest explanations are always most likely.----Of course none of the alternatives have been proven either but the Person seen through time could happen if he were in a "Einstein-Rosen Bridge/Portal

• Gary K

I wouldn't believe it, not until I was able to 100% rule out that it wasn't a hoax, trick, dream, hallucination, etc, etc... 

Is it unbelievable if a ghost shows up? That is up to the person. Reasonably minded people would see the ghost and know that they are Looking at something they once "classed" as unbelievable but now see it is true. Unreasonable people will say, "it isn't happening" and go get a drink of water or something.

• If one showed up in front of a large group of disinterested people and could answer questions that only that dead person could know then I guess that you could look at perhaps believing in ghosts. But they never do, so you should not. 

• Jesere

I didn't meet my resident ghost.

• Orla

I'm thinking that would be the one thing which would make it believable.

• Jeff

a ghost isn't going  to show up - they don't exist.

• Tom
      3 weeks agoReport

Neither does seeing something UNEXPLAINED and REAL----make it a REAL "Ghost" either.   We can redefine GHOSTS as that class of unknown real phenomena that witnesses DEEM "Spirits of the Dead".  Now "Ghost Phenomena" can be discussed logically and studied.