Anonymous

Is there any possible way of inventing a super video camera that films not just something current but also something from the past?

Suppose you have the super camera in a particular place that can film not just what is currently there but also what was there in that same place in the past. 

Do you know what I mean?

How possible would be to invent a technology like that? What would be your best explanation or guess?

Update:

How would you explain it from the electronics or general science or occult science standpoint?

Update 2:

Pearl L:

Why?

Update 3:

No, thanks. I'm not interested in seeing stars, planets, galaxies, etc

Update 4:

People:

Just remember that talking about inventing a video camera in the 19th century and more time backwards was something that sounded crazy or impossible

Update 5:

Gary K:

No. But it would be great if it's possible to invent it

Update 6:

People:

I'm sure skeptical people about this would also answer in a skeptical manner if you asked them in the 18th or 19th century if it's possible or not to invent something that can record both images and sound of the moment

Update 7:

F:

No, thanks. I'm interested in something that can film something from a very long time ago. Not something from just minutes ago

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

short answer: no. There is no "residue" from light as far as we know, so there is no way to detect it from the past. But it's a cool creative idea after all.

• ...Show all comments
    • Sandra K
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Arguments that are Logical Fallacies. When Physics is involved, it's only reasonable to point out who is most expert at it. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • JASON
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If you zoomed away from earth, faster than the speed of light, looking back at earth and collected the light

• ...Show all comments
    • Michael Shotton
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Oh! someone called him Shitton, I'll copy them because I haven't got a brain of my own, I may feed pigs but am only as intelligent as a sheep. Feck off you numb little feck. Time for school.

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

All cameras record the past.

• ...Show all comments
    • F
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

I really meant when you look at  a photo taken 10 years ago.

• Tom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It will not be possible until we are able to figure out exactly what Time is.  Several wave , dimension and Physical explanations exist for it and each would require a different solution. in either case, It, no doubt will involve some complex Physics dealing with the wave nature of reality and ways to tune into it.-----Indeed it would be the FIRST step in developing Time Travel Technology---First tuning into another time, and later actually be able to go there.--------Of course, with the GF Paradox problem, we may only be LIMITED to OBSERVING the past as it played out rather than being able to interact with it.-------The Video might be our only way to see the past.----I feel it CAN and will be done eventually.

-----A Possibility for example---Say TIME is US moving through a series of PARALLEL UNIVERSES, each one slightly different like the frames of a movie film.  We can call these "frame universes" and one minimal "instant" of time makes ONE such frame universe.   Now parallel universes may exist in the same space but at a "Different frequency" just as different radio stations share the same air.  Also note that ALL matter is ultimately WAVES (Solidity is an illusion of opposing forces)  Our matter waves are constantly changing in frequency so that we are continually tuning into one frame universe after another becoming a part of it and moving to the next---Thus TIME seems to "FLOW" for us.-------If we can learn to CHANGE the "frequency" attribute that controls what universe our matter is a part of, then all we would have to do to time travel is to change our frequency to MATCH that of a TIME FRAME universe in another time.-----Likely easier done with a CAMERA MACHINE----Send it to another time or tune it to a frame universe of another time, and then we can record or SEE events in another timestream.-------Parallel frame universes is just one of several TIME theories, so this is why we have to find which theory is the correct one if we plan to make a camera that can record in other TIMES.

• ...Show all comments
    • Megumi
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Miyuki is a talented lady. She is an actress, model, singer & dancer. She is a millionaire from those professions. MS-EG joins with Tom against Miyuki. He does not like Tom but hates Miyuki who shows his beliefs are absurd. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sure in the future there may be some amazing new technology that allows that to be possible, but as thing are at the moment it's unlikely.

You should ask a question like this in the actual physics area of Y.A. where people are more likely to base their answers upon science and less on making up fanciful ideas. 

By the way it is no point asking Pearl to explain anything, her minimalist answers are there strictly for the glory of having yet another two points to add to her massive and undeserved haul.

• ...Show all comments
    • Michael Shotton
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

You both look very cute there playing together but no fighting boys and girls. So cmon little guy, what have you hooked or was it just the wind bowing your tongue around? If you must pay with her NG, keep your hand on your wallet. If you look above, you will see I wasn't at all ignoring you. 

• Jon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Theoretically possible but not practical. A camera of sufficient (but currently impossible) resolution placed far away enough could do that. E.g. one placed five light years away from Earth could now be filming images of events which occurred here five years ago. 

• Gary K
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Cameras are basically light detectors, so no - what you're suggesting is not possible.  You are stuck with having to send the whole camera back into the past. And at the moment there is no good evidence that backwards time travel is possible. I like the idea though. Is this for a book? 

• ...Show all comments
    • miyuki & kyojin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Time travel into past quite impossible. We travel in time 60 seconds per minut, 60 minutes per hour , 24 hours per day and 365.2422 days per year. 

• 1 month ago

We have such a device. It is a telescope. When you look at Mars, you see what was there a few minutes ago. When you look at a star, you see it as it was years ago. When you look at the Andromeda Galaxy, you see it as it was 2 million years ago. 

• 1 month ago

Not possible. The light from past events is long gone. It's not around any more for a photo, no matter how super the camera is.

• 1 month ago

i dont think so

• ...Show all comments
    • Megumi
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

I    would love to see Michael Shitton talk to Miyuki in person as he does here. Her boyfriend Kyojin the Giant would become angry. MS-EG    would be stupid to arouse a 7'-0", 500 # martial artist, weightlifer, powerlifter. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.