If you suddenly got a billion dollars, what would you do to improve humanity if anything?

Giving your money away doesn't count as you doing something. 

Okay, this may sound terribly mercenary of me, but I have wondered if one CAN give anything to people in the war-torn regions of the world that strong men and warlords wouldn't just immediately take away from them...   One Idea I had was imagine if you had giant cargo ships, filled with recycled plastic pellets, steel stock, cheapo fabrics etc. you sail the ship to the port of a destitute country, and you set up a small factory made out of modular cargo containers, making T-shirts, pot scrubbers, toy trucks, ice-trays, spatulas, and a lot of the other kitsch that's in the dollar stores, you pay out the employees every night in the currency of their choice, provided the local government allows it, I mean, U.S. dollars, gold or silver bullion, rupees, dinars, whatever is both best and allowable. 

You'll probably have to have armed guards to make sure the employees aren't robbed as soon as the walk out of the factory, and to defend the modular factory against sabotage, and or terrorist attack, and this is where almost all of the businessmen get off; they say, "These guys are just going to blow up your ship!"  "You know everybody there is going to steal with both hands, they're going to rob you blind."  "Ech! It isn't going to do any good, their government will just take away anything you try to pay them!"  Which are all very good reasons for doing nothing.  I feel like it would be better to use that billion to turn a LITTLE profit, than to either straight give it away, or just hold onto it, I mean I feel like we've got whole continents of people who are like, "You wanna use me to make a buck?!? So USE me already!"  I think a fair wage would go a lot further than a plain giveaway.

• Jack1 month agoReport

Ya' know, all the experts say pay your taxes first, before you give anything away.  People screw up when they win $300 million in the lotto, and then give all $300 million to the church.  Uncle Sugar wants a big 'ol slice of that action-and he just may take it out of your hide!  ;-P

• no, this won't do any thing for humanity,

i would go for a vacay or something

A billion dollars is not enough to change for the better whole of humanity.

but you can improve the lives of some people by creating a workplace for the unemployed. 

• Nothing.

Humanity can't be purchased.

Trump have 10 billion and he didn't improve humanity.