Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 2 months ago

Soul Selling?

Can I get superpowers like telekinesis and invisibility if I sell my soul to the demons? As I see I can get wealth, fame and powers from selling my soul but not sure if there's superpowers.

• 4 days ago

None of those things exist.  Come back to reality before it reaches up and bites you.

• Raja

Evil can give only evil end. Don't enslave yourself to an evil spirit. The very moment you don't agree to do it's job your bad time starts. You cannot fulfill all of their wishes and they cannot do all you want. The fortune you got through evil are not permanent. Soon they will disappear leaving you in a wretched condition.

Interesting question...this why I stop believing i. Satan although raised christian.

• Robin

you can not sell your soul to Satan or demons

By the way, invisibility and superpowers do not exist

• Dubbs

The concept of one selling their soul for wealth, fame and power is more so metaphorical. I'm sure you've must have heard about this through some Illuminati video where it is often suggested that celebrities sell their soul to the devil. This is an old metaphor your generation has forgotten; what it actually means is that someone gives up their moral standards for all the luxury. Rhianna had to turn herself into a sex object in order to get promoted. Eminem had to use controversial lyrics. Many artists succumb to drugs, sex and all matter of deviance to make it big. There's more corruption behind the scenes the more famous you become.

If you wish to get Faustian and get into legitimate soul selling to demons, you'd have to summon one first, but this isn't really common knowledge.  In doing so, even then, a demon cannot grant you superhuman powers. The demon can only serve you within the confines of its powers, it cannot influence people to like you (giving you fame), it cannot make you a successful businessman (money), these are only attributes YOU can acquire through your own merits; a demon can only serve you in metaphysical and psychical ways, such as putting a hex on an enemy or passing onto you occult knowledge.

• Elaine

A humorous take on your question is the film "Bedazzled" .  The hero gets his wishes granted but not in the ways he expects.  The story "The Monkey's Paw" also addresses your question as does "Faust".  Assuming you could sell your soul who do you think will get the better end of the bargain and it won't be you.   Then you could reread the story of King Midas.  Personally I don't think one can sell one's soul as we are not its creator. 

The superpower package is a little more expensive than the wealth and fame package.  You'll need at least two souls for every superpower, possibly more.

I'd let you use mine, but it wouldn't do any good.  I'm a rock musician, so I'm going there anyway.

It's a sucker's bet.  If you could sell your soul, the benefits would be a whole lot less than you expected.  And the cost would be an eternity of suffering.  There is a good movie which covers this topic, about a man who sells his soul to become the greatest blues harmonica player in the world.  Crossroads.  Google it.

No, you can't. People have been believing in supernatural beings, psychics and magic for over 150,000 years of human existence, and in all that time there has not been one demonstration or verifiable piece of evidence of anything either supernatural, spiritual, magic, or psychic.

No elves, vampires, unicorns, demons, alien kidnappers, werewolves, fairies, ESP, zombies, power crystals, voodoo, fortune-telling, seers, angels, mermaids, wizards, sins, flying reindeer, dryads, nyads, souls, numerology, astrology, working Ouija boards, witches, reincarnation, astral projection, spells, dwarves, pixies, spirits, dragons, ghosts, goblins, leprechauns or gods.

Not ONE, in over 150,000 YEARS. Consider that, and consider what it probably means. Then consider your question, and ask yourself if it's really a sensible question, or just wishful thinking.

• wilds_of_virginia

You do know everything, don't you?  What you are missing is many phenomena regarded at one time to be supernatural have had mundane explanations.  So what else on your list wil join the ordinary world?????

You can sell your soul to the devil, but the price will always be worse than the benefit gained. It's more profitable to sell your soul to capitalism!