Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

What do you do if you are stuck with an abusive person during the lockdown and can't escape because you are not financially able to?

While people are encouraged to stay at home, you may feel isolated from your friends and family. Even if you are isolated, try to maintain social connections online or over the phone, if it is safe to do so, and try to stick to your daily routines as much as possible.

For any victims and survivors who need support, we are here for you, 24/7. Call 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224 for TTY, or if you’re unable to speak safely, you can log onto thehotline.org or text LOVEIS to 22522.

• Foofa

Were I in that situation I'd be quietly trying to find friends or family to go stay with. I'd even be willing to move to a different city or state to find refuge.

• Alan H

Contact your local Social Services or Police immediately.