True or false: you never stopped eating a day in your life?

51 Answers

Relevance
  • susan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Technically false. There have been times in my adult life when I didn't have enough to eat. But never a day when I had nothing at all to eat. I'm grateful for that.

However, when I was a dumb teenager, I did go several days without eating which was a misguided attempt at weight loss.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

This is not a question, see community guidelines.

• 1 month ago

False.

When I stopped intentionally, it was called fasting.

When it was unintentional, it was called food poisoning.

• Truth
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

false.  i have done a 24 hr fast before

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

True. Even when I was on a 1100-calorie-a-day diet, I still ate and never skipped a day.

• 1 month ago

false, I just flat out love to eat.

• 1 month ago

I have before when i was younger and now i just intermittent fast and that's really been helping.

• False. I've had many days where I skipped eating. 

• 1 month ago

False.  Regretfully I know what it is like to go hungry.  I have always kept a bag of rice handy wherever I have been now.  Not very nutritional but at least filling to ward off hunger pangs and dizziness.

Was young, had left home and fallen out with my parents over remarks that were made about a boyfriend.  I avoided other family members too as I felt they had sided against me.  I was so young I had no idea where to go to for help, boyfriend who had left his job recently too (all he had left was an Aston Martin he was restoring), had gone on a holiday interstate with his stepfather.  So the very few dollars I had left did not last very long, and I fell behind in rent.  The kindness of strangers helped me immensely (I know the value of a sandwich), and I managed to find another job and even loaned some money.  First pay I caught up with my rent (even though they said there was no hurry) and repaid the $20 I was loaned.  So it was very tough for the next week too.  

It was an embarrassing situation at the time, but I can at least appreciate and empathise with others who can find themselves in such a situation.  I have always helped others when and where I can and donated to several charities.  Not wealthy but I have a healthy respect for always having a roof over our heads, food in the pantry and bills paid.  After being through natural disaster situations I can appreciate simple things like clean water, electricity and heating that others never seem to think about.  

• Pedant point: carbohydrates are essential nutrients. Rice is deficient in protein, fatty acids, trace minerals and many vitamins. [/pedant]

• 1 month ago

False. When I had my tonsils out I couldn't eat anything for days. The only thing I was able to do was drink some liquid now and then.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.