Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

how do I get out of chores?

I am not a good actor so I can't play sick. I always end up smiling or laughing when I pretend I'm sick.

I never asked to be brought into this world by a middle class family. poor and middle class should not have kids. If only the rich had kids, the rich could actually pay their kids a good allowance and both the parent and the kid would be happy. My allowance is crap

I am responsible for my own stuff. I have a B average in school and a part time job I just do not like chores because it provides me with no benefits. My job pays me much more than my allowance

when im on my own I will do chores WHEN and IF I feel like it

If you live in a 2-story house, lock the door to your room, climb out the window, shimmy down the rain gutter, and run for your life.

I would also hone my acting skills a bit more.  If you find that you laugh a lot in the middle of telling a massive lie, convert the laugh into a major coughing attack to make your feigned illness all that much more convincing.

There are tons of other things you can try depending on how willing you are to get creative about it. For example you can always play possum, or locate your most available doppelganger to perform these gross and unpleasant tasks for you.  If only I had a dollar each time I faked my own death to avoid doing homework.  It gets easier as you get older.  I haven't paid taxes or repaid school loans in years.  Trump the Chump was even stupid enough to give me a $1,200 check without any explanation or ostensible reason whatsoever.  And it was just automatically deposited into my account from out of nowhere, I didn't have to get up my butt or lift a finger to do anything.  You gotta remember, this is America baby.  We are entitled to laziness and irresponsibility.  You just gotta know how to work the system.

• dman63

It looks like you won’t be getting any sympathy from this crowd.  As long as you live under your parents’ roof you’re obligated to help out with the chores.  And, as someone else pointed out, you could get a lot of chores done in the time you spend complaining and trying to get out of them.  Plus, when you’re living on your own you’ll be doing ALL the chores.  Might as well get used to it.

• J

Grow up and lose the spoiled attitude. You should do chores because you live in the house. Your parents are trying to teach you some responsibility. When you grow up and move out, you will be doing all your own chores. Nobody else is gonna wash your dishes, do your laundry, vacuum, scrub your toilet, or take out your trash. It’s just part of living. Rich kids should do chores too. Life isn’t all fun and games. Sometimes you have to take responsibility. Your parents have no obligation to give you a dime for anything. Get off your lazy butt!

• Alan H

You are where you are.

Play your part instead of the wishful thinking to be a parasite 

You are headed for a life of being an irresponsible person which is nothing that society needs and now that we are in a time of crisis we need even less of your type of person.

Quit playing and be part of the household by showing your gratitude for what you’re provided.

• Cogito

How about actually DOING your chores like a decent human being? Why should other people wait on you like you're above all that stuff?  No-one likes doing chores, but they still have to be done.

It's time to grow up and do your share.

Most chores can be completed in a shorter time than some spend trying to get out of them.

Refuse to do chores

• J

His parents could also refuse to give him anything besides food