How do you find out if a company has an ‘old boy’ network so you won’t waste your time applying for that job? ?

Before applying for a job, how do you find out beforehand if the job has an ‘old boy’ network so you won’t bother applying for it?

Update:

I worked in ‘old boy’ network jobs and would begin to get harassed and pushed out of them. 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Ian
    Lv 4
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Good question. I think going on reviews on Indeed could work, but I've learned that employers with bad reviews can pay to have them removed. Basically, it's what a probation period for new hires is for. I was driven out of a 90k a year job by the old boys network. It's a conundrum....

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

If the company is going through a temp staffing service your good to go. I think your meaning a 'good old boy network'. I've been in one all my career!

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you don't unless you know someone well who works there in a fairly high position

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

How much time does it take just to apply?

If they have an "old boy" network and have no interest in hiring you, they won't bother interviewing you.   They don't want to waste their time either.

If you want the job, apply for it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You stand no chance. Your attitude is going to kill you either in getting or keeping a job.

• 2 months ago

Many of the most successful ones have a clique with a common vision. Many of the "old boy" companies are still around, but you've got to find the ones that have diversity succeed. Other than that, you'll need to look for the newer ones to grow into.

• 2 months ago

There is no real way to know that. Ask around.

• 2 months ago

You don't.  It's not like companies who operate that way are going to put "We're a Good Old Boy Employer" on their website and job postings.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

While there may be an old boy's network, it's not their only source of people they hire from.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Unless you know someone employed there that you can ask, there's no way to know.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.