Why do men make their pickup trucks more noisy?

Update:

Do they think that people will respect them or think that they are somehow 'a big man'? People hate them because they lower our quality of life. 

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

THESE ARE NOT REAL MEN, THEY'RE MENTALLY STILL CHILDREN OR IMMATURE ADOLESCENTS . THAT'S WHY. 

• 2 months ago

Why do lions roar? Some drivers still hang those disgusting plastic scrotums from their rear bumper too. George Carlin once said the name of the game is "Dig me!"

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why do Harley riders have straight pipes? I have a 2018 Nissan. I'm interested in horse power, not noise. So, I have Magnaflow & K&N cold air. I've also added a transmission kit.

• River Euphrates
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I used to think loud pipes on motorcycles were kinda dumb, but then I was riding with a friend who had a Victory Hammer with aftermarket pipes on it that was loud AF.

He had a car start to ease into his lane, and all he had to do was pull the cluch in and rev it twice to snap the driver out of it.

• 2 months ago

NOT ALL DO... I have a 67 chevy 3/4 ton K 30 and you can stand next to it and cannot hardly hear the 325 horse 350 running.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The size and sound of the truck is a subconscious attempt to make up for the driver's insecurity and genital shortcomings.And how many times have you seen a big truck driven by a little man? There you go!

• 2 months ago

Because we want attention, show off, we get a little more power from the engine, plus you will find out very quickly when the engine ain't running perfect, the engine is a giant vacuum sucks lots of air less resistance air coming in and going out gives better gas mileage, but not on all vehicles.

• ShalloWhale
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Thanks for answering and providing insight. But did you ever think about how your noisy truck affects other people? They really don't want to hear all that noise. When will you stop and think about others?

• 2 months ago

To block the whining coming from the wife in the passenger seat.

• arther
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

When you need to replace a rusted muffler the price between genuine and after market which is a little louder lots of times, most of us pick the cheaper option. Other young blokes do it because they can't raise a fat.

• ShalloWhale
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Thanks for answering. I'm not sure what you said, but I would think that a muffler, whether new or after market, is still a muffler (to muffle noise!). Whatever man.

• Anton
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

They are the minority.

Their audience is 8 to 16 year old boys, not women.  (really!  Look who goes to the truck shows.)

• 2 months ago

It's a redneck thing.  You wouldn't understand.

Actually most people don't understand it.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.