Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 2 months ago

Do birds live in groups?

There's a berry tree at my window and I see 5-7 medium, red-breasted birds all eating together in intervals (meal times?) throughout the day.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

A flock is a gathering of a group same species animals in order to forage or travel with one another.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

No. They live in flocks.

• 2 months ago

Some birds like to be in groups, some are more solitary.

Geese flock, but robins seems to be more solitary.

Chickens like being in groups, but cardinals seem to like to be more alone in life.

Some group together more than others. Some 'hang out' for a while and then go their separate ways.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

dunno about those birds but I've seen big trees full of doves.  I've seen them leave the trees in the morning to find food and return at dusk to stay for the night.  I don't think raptors or owls are "flock" birds. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Many breeds flock together and many are of one species this is for warmth in colder weather or rain. FLOCKS can range in sizes as well and does occur in different seasons, and many are of mixed species. Many birds flock together for foods either from the trees or the bark on the tree and items that may be on the grounds. They flock together for protection as well since with many they can detect a predator faster than if there were just a few. Plus the predator has a larger target as well. Flocks are formed for aerodynamics and many are in flocks for mating season.

• 2 months ago

Probably robins. Birds can live in FLOCKS not groups. Some have large flocks, many just live as pairs.

• 2 months ago

Haven't you ever noticed the circling flocks of starlings in the evening?

• Woodrow
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Hold on, I'm getting a text...

• PR
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Birds flock together, and if there is a food source, they follow one another because all animals want more food.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, and the "flock of birds" idea is a hoax.

• 2 months ago

Yes, they usually do.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.