Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 weeks ago

Why do Americans not have an emergency fund?

If we all had an emergency fund, then there wouldn't be such a crisis right now with everything being closed.

I have an emergency fund, so I'm not worried at all.

What's wrong with Americans?

1 week ago

It often depends on an individual American's personal life's experience and what they learned growing up,

And of course an individual Americans capacity to put money aside for an emergency fund between paydays in-spite of many Americans actually Living Payday to payday with their money already spent before they even get paid.

American culture is inundated with with all manor of pansy-feelgood propaganda & social programming ascribing to such pie in the sky ideals as "Truth, Justice, The American Way, Crime doesn't Pay and Everything's gonna Be OK no matter What"

So Many if not Most Americans are literally brainwashed into believing that Good-guys always win, bad-guys always loose, Everybody gets to Live Happily ever after an all any American has to do when trouble comes is just push a button , yelp for help and somebody Always comes to the rescue!

Both typically and stereotypicaly Americans are Spoiled and Complacent simply  because unlike many other countries in the world that have been around for Centuries & some for Millennia, America has only been a country for a lousy 200 years & they've never had to deal with such adversities as famines & plagues and they haven't even had to endure the indignity of a war going on in their own yard since the 1860s.

Observing Americans from the Opposite side of the Planet it's incredible that they're able to even Remain a country at-all considering how many of them ran out to stock up on a years supply of TP instead of Helloooooo! FOOD!!

While collectively squabbling & sniveling at each-other over their petty mundane social-political issues and seeking no solutions at all but to Blame their Government for all their woes as the Dark clouds of impending Doom descended  like the flaming ash of Mt Vesuvius descending upon party revelers totally oblivious the fact their about to become a morbidly interesting future archaeological discovery! 

As an American observing the old homeland from the opposite side of the planet for ten years now, I have to admit to occasionally thinking of putting on a fake-accent & pretending to be from somewhere else.

Not to say that it would do much good since Locals abroad are so prone to stereotyping Caucasian-looking Foreigners as Americans anyway,,Much to the damned aggravation of many Caucasian-looking foreign-nationals that aren't Americans & would never even consider going there! 

Locals abroad on the opposite side of the planet from America are often under the impression that Americans are all rich, live at Disneyland in nice 3 & 4 bedroom suburban cookie-cutter two-story tract houses that look like small mansions with small golf courses for front & back-yards, drive nice shiny fast late model cars, wear the newest and latest fashions & of-course ALWAYS have Plenty of Food to eat.

While Americans for all their delusions tend to expend much of their energy & resources maintaining the illusion that they Do while at the same time being miserable because they Aren't while expending almost as much energy blaming their parents and as much their own society & elected leaders for it. 

Personally, I've got MY emergency fund & even a stash of emergency getaway cash and don't envy anybody who doesn't these days.

And even heeded the writing on the walls when it appeared that the Sh*t was about to hit the fan & stocked-up on 6 months supply of Food, water, liquid detergent, fuel for the generator in-case the local infrastructure starts going to sh*t, & I've long since gone native & haven't got much use for TP!!!              

America runs on debt. Corporates don’t need emergency funds because government bailout is almost guaranteed. Individuals are numb to the risk of borrowing because they start their adult life with a huge student loan or morgage. When you get used to borrowing, emergency funds are literally waste of investment opportunity.

Yes, there are Americans who have funds. Not everyone has funds, but there are people who have funds.

I also have funds too. I am going to continue to save my money, so I can buy my own home. I hope you spend your money wisely!

Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Probably are in debt and can barely make enough to survive

How does one build up an emergency fund when their employer barely pays them enough to get from one pay to the next.

I do..........................

Same reason I don't have one for hepatitis. This whole virus thing is getting ridiculous.

The average American is ill-prepared for emergencies. It’s no one’s fault but their own.

GOPers and corporate Dems keep giving the emergency fund to their Wall St masters

0bama left us $20 Trillion in debt . We are on a tight budget .

• Edna
      2 weeks agoReport

@Tom V:  You're probably just jealous, because you have found out that you don't qualify for a stimulus check.