Is changing my major a bad decision?

I know it's late but currently I am my 4th year and about the graduate in 1 more semester. I am a health science or public health major. I chose this major thinking I would do something science/medical related; however, after seeing my job choices and amount of school I have to do made I regret my decision. I know that having a bachelor in this major won't have a lot of job opportunity as many require more schooling or lots of experience. I do not have the passion, money, or commitment to go to grad school right. The issue is that I feel like if I stay in it I'll only be able to get in minimum wage job that I could have done without a degree. I was thinking of changing to accounting as it seem the most suitable for my personality. I only took a couple of classes and did fine in them. The problem is that it will take me 2 years to major in accounting and maybe another year to get my CPA. At least with bachelors in accounting I have a chance of a decent paying job. I was wondering should I make the switch or just graduate now. 

I really do not know what to do or what I wanna be. I just wanna find a decent paying job. 

Yes, I know this isn't the most suitable place to talk about this but would like some opinions about this. 

You have a few separate decisions to make:

1. Do you want to graduate this year, yes or no?

2. Do you want to work in jobs you could get with a degree in public health?

3. If not, do you want to work in accounting or are you just guessing?

4. Can you afford to go to school for 2-3 more years?

5. Are you willing to go to school for 2-3 more years?

Here's an option you might consider: there are post-baccalaureate masters degree programs in accounting designed for non-accounting majors.  Yes, you would need to take some intro-level accounting courses at a college before you could apply, but you could do this after or along side completing your current BA/BS degree.  You would then have to apply and go to schools for about a year and a half.  The benefit of this type of program is that you'd end up with a masters degree in accounting in just a little bit more time than it would take you  to earn a bachelor's degree.

However, if you are totally burnt out academically already and just want a job, it makes no sense to change majors that will force you to stay in school or drop out without graduating.

Please remember that while your major does play a part, employers hire skills, knowledge, and attitude.  You don't have to work in public health. You just have to understand how to translate the skills you've developed and apply them to the skills required in any number of jobs.

• John

You are wrong about those in the public health field only qualifying for minimum wage jobs.  You need to seriously research what kind of careers are open to you.  

Those with 4 year degrees in public health can get career positions in government agencies.  Advanced degrees are usually not necessary for state and local civil service positions as food and/or restaurant inspectors, disability analysts, and (no joke) VD investigators. (I would imagine they have a more genteel name for VD Investigators nowadays, but that's what they were called decades ago).