Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Why are the people in a domestic violence shelter threatening their kids ?

I dont mean to judge or anything. But i came here to escape my abuser which includes verbal abuse like threats and degrading. 

But two of my neighbors in this shelter are like constantly yelling at their kids and saying degrading things and threatening them. I guess i just find it ironic i came here to escape that type of behavior but some of these victims act that way here. 

And btw im not against spanking and discipline but the verbal degrading things and threatening your kids is hurtful and i dont think thats discipline i think its abuse and anger issues

Thanks all

• marty

I have no idea why some people have evil in their hearts. I raised 7 kids with the help of an amazing woman and never had to experience that. I feel for you and wish for you to get with someone who will treat you as the special person you are.

maybe you should report them when you see that

• not

My mother ditched my abusive father and we stayed in a shelter when young. We moved on and then my mother found another and another abusive relationship. The problem is not the man. The problem is the woman that seeks out that man. You want to escape? Don't be those women you hear yelling, look for a different man.