Kate asked in SportsMartial Arts · 2 months ago

Which softcombat weapon is better if I have not practiced softcombat?

Hello, I planned to go to a camp where there will be a small softcombat tournament. I have read a lot about HEMA, kendo and softcombat, so I have a lot of theoretical knowledge about white weapons and their historical use, but I have not put this knowledge into practice for reasons of time and money, and the only practice of my skills was a ago one year when I was in a fencing seminar for a month.

Since I really want to participate in the tournament, I want to know what weapon I should be able to participate in order to win 1 or 2 matches or less lose with dignity. Currently I only have a 31-inch sword but I want something that gives me at least a decent chance to pass the first encounter

How abt a pillow or a tampon.

• Bon

A weapon does not determine your chance of winning. Just go and have fun with it because 1 month 1 years ago means nothing. It is all about skill and you really do not have any.

• Lv 4

.. & attend several specific events to obtain particular venue details; maybe good to attend the event & similar events to observe whats done, participants, attitudes, if the places are safety conscious, the
      safety aspects, equipment, etc at particular venues; safety is very important