lynn asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Am I pregnant? Needing advice please as my head is going wild?

Hello!

So basically in October me and my partner decided we were going to start trying for a baby so I came off contraception. I had a period in November and then in December we had a positive pregnancy test. Unfortunately we miscarried the baby in December shortly after we found out we were pregnant (known as a chemical pregnancy). We started trying again straight away as we want a child desperately. I had a period again in January after the miscarriage and now I'm due my period again this week. I took a pregnancy test two days ago (6 days before my period) and today (4 days before my period). I know you shouldn't really take a test before your period but I'm becoming so impatient as we want this so much :( anyway.. the faintest line has shown. I don't know if I'm imagining it as we want it to be positive so desperately so basically I'm just writing this hoping for some advice and if anyone has ever been in the same position? I have attached photos of the tests. TIA!

It's too soon to test.................................

It's still early, but you're pregnant. I tested 2 days before my period was due and got a faint plus sign. Next day, I took 2 tests that had faint plus signs and then I took ClearBlue Digital and got "Pregnant"! Currently almost 31 weeks pregnant. I didn't want to get my hopes up either when I saw it was faint, but you're definitely pregnant. Congratulations! Photo is what my first one looked like

Be patient. Even if you become pregnant, remember you still have almost ten months to wait before you actually have a baby. And then you have the rest of your life to enjoy motherhood. There is no point psyching yourself out and getting over-excited. Let it run it's course.... that's how you will enjoy it the most when you're finally able to have a baby. If you miss your next period, wait two weeks and take a test. Don't get excited by the test you just took. Just be patient, I promise it will happen when it happens.

Test again in a week. Since you've been having sex yes you could be pregnant.  or not.

Pregnancy tests measure the amount of pregnancy hormones in your urine.  If a test is taken too early, you may get a false negative because there aren't enough hormones yet to register.  The tiny line is hopeful!  I totally understand your impatience, but to be accurate, at least wait to see if you miss this week's period before testing again.  Then make an appointment with your doctor to confirm it. Good luck!

btw, I'm not being a grammar cop, but just fact checking.  You can use the word "expecting" for a man, but not the word "pregnant", since that means he is growing a baby inside him.  So "we" cannot be pregnant or be taking a pregnancy test.  Sorry, but I feel you should know how distracting this error can be.