Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Would women want to start a family/date you if you can't get her preg?

I'm mid 20's and just found out that I recently developed a symptom which lead me to produce ineffective sperms which meant chance is my partner will get pregnant is strictly low. I guess no women would want to be with me. Many of friends have kids already and at first I thought I might want some when I turn 30's but unexpected thing seems to happen so fast, I don't have to think any further anymore..

Lack of sperm, or in other words low count, over the time leads to infertility. And in some cases lack of sexual desire which is termed as asexual. However, in some cases of infertility, a man produces less sperm than normal. The most common cause of this condition is varicocele, or an enlarged vein in the testicle, so you have to see some expert practitioner for your problem first.  

sure         .

• Edna

There are MANY women out there who would be very happy to date you or marry you, if they know it's unlikely that you can ever get them pregnant. You would be the answer to their prayers.

There are plenty of women who would love you and want to marry you, but who never want to have children and raise a family.  

• *^JNL^*

In such a situation, sexual intercourse may be increasingly associated with a sense of failure, affecting even the patient’s image of his own body. It can affect sexuality arousing a sense of anxiety and consequent temporary erectile dysfunctions leading to more complications too.

Marriage institution is more for children's security than for parents. Or at least how it's been historically for the most part, especially while the children are very young. So I guess you don't have to worry about that.

Regardless of your medical diagnosis, please always remember that people miraculously heal when time is right, when they change path, or maybe it's meant to be so. 

"I guess no women would want to be with me."  If you have an attitude like that, of course no one will want to be with you.   There are other options to consider such as adoption.

• MissA

Women who don't want children (or who are find with spending the $200 a go to get donor sperm) are people who exist.

Not all women want kids.  Obviously if she really wants kids or it's quite important to you, that's going to be a serious issue just like religion or other issues like that can be a deal breaker.

Or not.  I use the example of James Carville and Mary Matalin who are at two opposite ends of the political spectrum but manage to work around that in their marriage.

If the woman doesn't want kids, then it's an non-issue.

Some women want to get banged like a Salvation Army drum without worrying about pregnancy. 

Have some fun 

It's pretty sexist of you to think that all women want the same thing.   We are individuals with our own unique preferences. 

Not all women want to reproduce. 

Plenty of women don't want kids, and plenty more might want to adopt or use a sperm donor as long as you're honest with potential mates it doesn't mean nobody will want to marry you .