Why is it that the weather looks like it's an amazing day but then you check and it says it feels like 12 degrees out today?

When it looks overcast outside or gray, it's actually 40 out which is a nice winter day but when it's bright and sunny looking outside it's actually freezing out.

I made plans this morning by the looks of the bright sun coming through my window. I checked the weather and it says it feels like 12 degrees outside.

Grrrrr!!!

can't wait for Spring!

• Speed

I'm a recent transplant to a place like you describe. The clear, sunny skies we had yesterday and the day before were accompanied by a serious cold front, highs below ten, overnight lows near -10.

So I'm learning that the clouds I got so weary of where I used to live were good for something beyond feeding depression: they kept the heat in. Clear skies allow it to escape.

The moral of the story is to check the weather forecast, not the sky.

• audrey

Same here. Cloudy earlier in the week, very warm for this time of year. Today it's bright sunshine and so cold it makes your bones ache. I'm ready for SPRING!

• Lv 7

dude, calm down. we've had 4 whole days of winter this year. go skiing and make a snow angel while you can. plenty of time for flip-flops and sand later.